Friday, August 05, 2005

My grade school was demolished earlier this year. The school where I spent eight years of my life with Sr. Janelle the nun from hell and that one nun whose name I can't remember but who always took her prosthetic leg off during class, allowing it to stand freely while we were meant to pay attention to something other than a plastic leg free standing in the middle of the classroom. Eight years of Friday masses, plaid uniforms, wasted religion classes. All that is gone. They rebuilt the school to resemble a strip mall. Okay...maybe that wasn't the intention, but it's hideous. I bet they don't even have nuns teaching anymore.

Who are these people that are destroying my past?

2 Comments:

Blogger ~e.mo~ said...

It's not who
but what
(read: money & progress)

You know what's hard to realize...the kids we spent afternoons with watching during daycare there are in highschool now. They've traded fruitloop necklaces for pearls and pokemon for pot.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Wander Lust said...

have you caught up on your sleep?

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home