Monday, July 11, 2005

Inebriated Anatidae

There's a song on replay in my mind. A song so old the words have eroded and all that remains is an image. A rain streaked, shell of my childhood and roadtrip antics...an image of a drunk duck decapitated on his wedding day. I was a fucked up child. Certainly doesn't inspire much hope for la futura. And then I found 10,000 yen on the ground.

No...seriously, I did. In a puddle along a deserted street. Thoughts of turning it over to someone crossed my mind...but I don't know how to do that in Japanese. I can barely order a drink in Japanese, and that's a staple. So I'm keeping it, for the time being at least. Until my conscience weighs down upon me and I toss out the soggy paper wad.

3 Comments:

Blogger Timtak said...

If you hand it in to the police then they will give it to you 6 months later if no one claims it. If someone does claim it then they will be urged or oblidged to give you 10-15% reward.

But if you keep it, you get the whole thing. More beer. More belly.

5:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do we a favor if you get a chance and read or listen to some leonard Cohen, singer and poet and let me know what you think.

Steve_Gobeil flickr

8:40 PM  
Blogger decopuss said...

I really love that - "a song so old the words have eroded...". I think it belongs in Koroviev's once I get round to updating it after my 3 week broadband drought. Although, how do I quote you?

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home