Sunday, July 31, 2005

Excess

Five computers and one laptop...that's one for every member of the family including the dog with one leftover for those guests we never entertain because the guest room is a stockpile of old clothes, pepto bismol colored paint, a vacuum cleaner that hasn't worked anytime in the past five years and vintage costumes from that time in third grade I danced in a remake of Fiddler on the Roof. Why god, why?

Three guitars. Really just an excuse to keep dust off the carpet. I'm getting there....but very, very slowly.

Seven tv sets, four of which are in the basement. One hooked up to PS2, one for old school Nintendo, one for N64 and one that just adds to the ambiance. I want to gouge out the screen and insides and make it into a fishbowl...at least then it'd be getting some use.


Two doghouses for one dog - she doesn't use either. Multiple copies of the same shit movies on vhs AND dvd. Six pairs of scissors in one drawer, most of which are held together with a fashionable duct tape/red string combo. More cameras than I can count (but really I'm okay with that,) photos from grade school in bathrooms, kitchen drawers and on windowsills, fake flowers in every room, paint samples, carpet swatches, slippers just for the dog to chew. In short...an abundance of crap that makes me question how these people have managed not to drown yet.

9 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

I think I like you, I really do.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Wander Lust said...

I have multiple pairs of boxer shorts. Oh, maybe I'm on the wrong page. But my family has three refrigerators, six tvs, two gas trimmers and two gas blowers. Oh, and I just bought my second computer. I guess the good thing about a family such as ours is that us kids will have something to take with us when we move out of the house.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Debbye said...

Just move five times in three years and you'll see how much crap you live without. Tank tops, shoes and Astroglide are the only things I can keep longer than a year.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Wander Lust said...

astroglide?

11:10 PM  
Blogger Debbye said...

Look it up. A little dab will do ya, so it lasts a long time...

6:55 PM  
Blogger The King of Kerwood said...

Why do I see one sweet yard sale taking place somewhere in Kentucky in the near future?

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome home

11:13 PM  
Blogger ~e.mo~ said...

moderation is always the key.

But I suppose my "excess" (not really close to it) was hindered by the fact that my apartment was burglarized last month.

Now I'm learning to live with no tv/xbox/dvd player/mp3 player/watches/speakers etc.

At least they didn't touch the 5 year old computer...I guess my suitcases they used to pack everything was full.

Now it's just me, the cat, and a trunk of clothes.

3:41 PM  
Blogger ~e.mo~ said...

PS: Congrats on 1 year anniversary of blogging...look at how many 'friends' you have made...all these people who adore you, think about you, and wish they could be you, or am I missing a word?

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home