Friday, July 15, 2005

Reflections on a week

Monday, Tuesday: The worst day of my life, followed by a day worse than the worst day of my life.

Wednesday: Flowers from anonymous. Bit creepy, but who am I to complain? Other than someone who complains a lot.

Thursday: Last class with my Takeno third graders. They made me cards and drew disproportionate pictures of my head. It was cute. Five minutes later I made a student cry. That Teacher of the Year award is mine...I can feel it. Last English conversation class with the townees. Wasted ten minutes pronouncing Leonardo DiCaprio. Most stuck with DiCrapio...and I'm okay with that. Was asked to write out three wishes. Was asked to then read my three wishes, at which point I realized the phrase 'financial massacre' was beyond the linguistic means of my students as sarcasm is not appreciated.



(Blonde? Really? You wanna piss me off?)


Friday: Last class with my Kawai fourth grade. They played Eidel Weiss on the recorder, I pretended to enjoy, realized I may actually miss these kids after all. Wasted fifteen minutes contemplating where Kentucky went wrong raising Tom Cruise. Another ten wondering how he's still in business. Spent two hours at the post office, where I learned that the postal system here is more antiquated than non-fluoride toothpaste. It should consider itself cursed, and now I'm out 33,800 yen for one box. Holy Fuck!

1 Comments:

Blogger Wander Lust said...

I agree with you. Tom is a douche. Pardon the vulgar discription, but that's how I feel. I nearly wrote a blog column about him, but I decided he wasn't worth the effort.

As far as the kids; you'll miss them. No doubt about it. They may have had a greater affect on you than you did on them. But, I doubt that. How could they forget that crazy American girl that showed up at their school one day, and wouldn't leave for months?

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home