Friday, July 01, 2005

I never could read maps

I thought I had something to say, but now I'm not so sure. Just like I thought I'd have done more with my life by this point, but the experiences are fading and the opportunities waning. Thought I'd have figured things out, decided what is it I want out of life, been handed a direct route, but I'm more lost than when I began.

Destined to be directionally challenged.

Robert Frost was fucking delusional in my opinion, to narrow the plethora of options in existence down to a mere two. Jackass!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

at least you're not alone in being directionally challenged...! we can form a support group when you get back ;)

8:19 AM  
Blogger Debbye said...

Aww, please don't do that to yourself. As I get closer to my thirties I imagine what I would say to my twenty-three year old self. Something like "Be kind to yourself because no one really has it figured out no matter how together one may seem. And don't take it so seriously. Adulthood lasts for a long time and you're just at the beginning of it...

And you'll get over him."

8:07 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

It warms my heart to hear you call Frost a jackass. The poem isn't even particularly good: "Though as for that the passing there / Had worn them really about the same, / And both that morning equally lay / In leaves no step had trodden black." I mean, seriously, can you imagine a more stilted metre or laboured syntax? Terribly overrated. But, Lauren, don't get yourself too worked up yet about your lack of direction. You have a lot of time ahead of you to be miserable, no need to get so early a start. Jesus, don't I sound like an old man now ...

9:48 PM  
Blogger chad said...

I'd give you words of wisdom, but I can't... I'm in the same place.

I just want to be a renaissance man, is that too much to ask? Good at everything I do, and do everything. Seriously, where is my paycheck?

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home