Friday, June 24, 2005

Got ten little witches?

I'll tell you where to stick 'em.

I don't mind singing. I like singing. But I hate solos. I HATE solos. I especially hate solos to songs that couldn't even pass as mere Mother Gooseries due to lame content and high pitch. Seriously, five octaves above normal voice...I don't think so.

The teacher caught on I wasn't digging the paranormal chanting/singing about ten little witches flying in the sky, so he chimed in. Intuitive...not enough. Did it help? No. Instead of asking the students to sing, which I think they could handle, I get a Village People reject to serve as backup to the worst children's song ever written.

Is this what I had in mind for my future? On the stage, performing to a group of twelve year old boys, leather clad dropout backing me up and serving as comic relief to the all too serious nature of an English lesson revolving around witches?

Actually...yes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

What I wouldn't give to have seen that ...

8:21 AM  
Blogger The King of Kerwood said...

If only Peter Brady was there going through his voice change...

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home