Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Random...because I like random

My parents informed me they're making a cardboard cut out of me to sit at the dinner table for Thanksgiving and to place in front of the Christmas tree for holiday pictures. I can't decide if that's incredibly insane or absolutely hilarious...suffice to say, it's my parents, and they're beyond characterization.

Scott enlightened me last week with a UNC study which determined that the average office chair, with wheels, travels eight miles a year. Impressive, but is there so little going on in North Carolina, or with the state of the world in general, that office chairs make better studies than more academic affairs? AND, who actually proposed such a study?....I think I'd like to meet that man...and you know it's a man.

There's a quote somewhere which goes a little (very little) something like this: "The reason you don't talk about religion is, you never know who you're going to offend." I feel the same way about politics, but I'm afraid I've got to say it. Fuck man! America, what ARE you doing? I'm still shaking my head, in shame, in horror, in pure confusion and disgust. But mostly, in fear, for that which could result as a decision such as this. A relative emailed me today, conservative, mind you, gloating about the victory, though tossing in enough questions so as to appear generally interested in my well being. I want to strangle her. She doesn't realize what she's doing. While her millions are protected in a bank, accruing interest, defying taxes, while she's sun taning on a daily basis in her island resort, driving one of her four Mercedes, she's promoting all which is truly disastrous with this world...too much to list, but I'm sure you know what I mean.


Word of the day: Zabernism - misuse of military power, agression, bullying
Appropriate, I feel...coincidence?

2 Comments:

Blogger ~e.mo~ said...

Sounds like your aunt is doing pretty well...why aren't the perks sifting your way?

As for the cut-out: freaky. Just imagine what Will is going to do with it...

7:05 PM  
Blogger Chishiki Lauren said...

I have declined all of her offers. I can no longer accept anything from her knowing she'll expect me to use it to her approval. She chose not to give me a gift at graduation simply because she thought moving to Japan was a stupid decision. So I send her frequent emails and tell her how much I love it...which might be a bit inaccurate, but who cares.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home