Wednesday, October 27, 2004

It really is blinding, not just clever description

I am a walking fatality. I sprained/twisted/pulled, whatever it is you can do, my neck sometime between 5 am and 7 am, which made for a lousy morning. It was a bitch to dry my hair, but too cold outside not to. I think I almost passed out when confronted with putting on my shoes. I do believe it’s killing me, and I realize it’ll fade soon enough, but for the time being, FUCK this hurts! I wore a scarf as a make-shift warmth producer, so far it serves more to cover the bruises which have sprung as a result of squeezing my neck to scare the pain away. I look as if I'm a strangulation victim come back to life. I can’t turn my head without fully understanding the meaning of “blinding pain.” I never put too much thought into the concept of pain so intense it cuts of your vision and induces temporary blindness….minus the white spots exploding like fireworks…which I think are really my brain cells detonating like a bad terrorist attack.

Scott’s mom says to drink warm water…so I am. Any other suggestions?…miracles perhaps? MacGuyver tactics involving gum and a cotton ball? Algo asi por favor.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wander Lust said...

Maybe just try laying down on your back for 15 minutes. Don't try to stress it by stretching, and stop trying to scare away the pain by squeezing your neck. I'm not really sure how that will help. I honestly think it will go away in a day or so, like we talked about. And keep drinking warm water. Even if it seems futile, mom seems to know best.

12:15 AM  
Blogger Chishiki Lauren said...

Thanks dude. I'll do that. I think I might even have a heating pad at home, but that requires sorting through my closet, and I'm not sure I'm up for that.

Oh, I missed my daily random fact...you better make up for it tomorrow.

3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home