Wednesday, October 27, 2004

CAUTION:

The moving walkway is ending.....no, jk, sorry Dre. Prolonged staring at the little girl in the middle (the poster child for some grave humanitarian crisis) may cause a sudden inability to avert your eyes. She's too cute for words...the kind of kid that doesn't have to smile to express herself.





I was fortunate enough to visit two elementary schools this week, and even more fortunate to teach first and second graders, who are by far, more receptive than fourth grade and on. They have impeccable memorization skills and the kind of energy that makes me jealous. They even played Eidel Weiss on the recorder for me before tugging at my scarf, playing with my hair and feigning astonishment at my understanding of simple Japanese. It doesn't get much easier than "Amerika samui desu ka?" No interpretor needed there. Oddly enough, I was provided with an interpretor, and of all people, it was Dai (Daisuke-the A person I know outside of myself in Tanushimaru.) Not sure how they arranged that. It was good to see him though...it's been a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home