Wednesday, April 27, 2005

By the time you read this I'll be basking in Communism

A life in lyrics: (props if you can figure them all out…I’m still working on that one...oh, and if you make it to the end)

“I want to be someone else or I’ll explode, floating upon the surface for the birds.”


“This is the story of the boys who loved you, love you now and loved you then. Some were sweet and some were cold and snuffed you. And some just lay around in bed. And some, they crumbled you straight to your knees, did it cruel, did it tenderly.”

"Bat your eyes girl. Be otherworldly. Count your blessings. Seduce a stranger."


"I'll tell you who I am. Just another stupid American."

“Entre caricias, levidad y sabor, echo, sonrisa, realidad y dolor.”

“Fallen woman in dancing costume.”

"I’ve given all I can, it’s not enough, I’ve given all I can but we’re still on the payroll.”

"What's puzzling you is just the nature of my game."

“For a minute there I lost myself.”

"I’d love to change the world, but I don’t know what to do, so I’ll leave it up to you.”

"Unfolding enveloping missiles of soul, recall senses sadly.
Mirage like soft blue like lanterns below, to light the way gladly."

“Everybody seems to think I’m lazy. I don’t mind, I think they’re crazy.”

"Everybody thought that she was boring, so they never listened anyway.Nobody was really saying anything of interest, she fell asleep. She was into s&m and Bible studies. Not everyone’s cup of tea."

"Is this really living sometimes it's hard to tell. Or is this a kind of gentler hell."


"I wanna live life, never be cruel, I wanna live life, be good to you. I wanna fly, never come down, and live my life, and have friends around."

"All of the beautiful colors are very very meaningful, gray is my favorite color. I felt so symbolic yesterday. If i knew Picasso, I would buy myself a gray guitar and play."

"And I’m feeling so bohemian like you."

"Sometimes I give myself the creeps. Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me. It all keeps adding up. I think I'm cracking up."

"Bonita la paz, bonita la vida bonito volver a nacer cada dia bonita la verdad cuando no suena a mentira bonita la amistad, bonita la risa bonita la gente cuando hay calidad bonita la gente cuando que no se arrepiente que gana y que pierde, que habla y no miente bonita le gente."

"Will you make it in the end, through all the twists and bends? Will you fulfil your dreams - not as easy as it seems."


"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year. Running over the same old ground, what have we found, same old fears."

And now....I'm off for China. Ciao.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wander Lust said...

I think anyone can figure all of them out with the internet. Of the 21 you listed, I only recognized 4.
#7 Radiohead "Karma Police"
#14 Ben Harper "Please Bleed"
#18 Green Day "Basket Case"
#21 Everyone in the world should know this one. I think it's your mantra. Or at least, a song I always turn up.
4/21 = 19%. Sorry if you're dissapointed.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Lauren, you already know I'm rubbish with lyrics. Without using Google, I only knew four as well:

#4 "'Merican", The Descendents
#8 "Sympathy for the Devil", Rolling Stones
#13 "If You're Feeling Sinister", Belle and Sebastian
#21 Of course, I know this one, and I can sing it off-key as well.

Damn, now I'm bored again. Miss you, kiddo. Hope you're doing well ...

5:48 PM  
Blogger ~e.mo~ said...

Her cup of tea, she would admit to no one
Her cup of tea, she would admit to me

I am one of those
Melodramatic fools
Neurotic to the bone
No doubt about it

Please, don't wake me, no, don't shake me
Leave me where i am - i'm only sleeping

I'm getting wise and I'm feeling so bohemian like you

Never said thank you
Never said please
Never gave reason to believe
So as it stands
I remain on my knees
Good lovers make great enemies

Running over the same old ground
What have we found?
The same old fears
Wish you were here

5:12 PM  
Blogger chad said...

I keep checking back to your site... and IM... it's just not the same... just not the same, china shmina...

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home