Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Far be it from me to keep you waiting Scott

The latest installments:









I went for a walk today around lunch time, largely to avoid being hassled into actually eating, but also to leave my desk for once and enjoy the weather that is bound to turn shitty soon enough. Technically, I think I'm prohibited from leaving the building during work hours, unless to attend an elementary visit. But I'm not really caring anymore. Imagine that...me...apathetic. Anyway, it felt completely awkward. Unknown. To a degree it is...or at least, was. Like having a mid-day orthodontist appointment in grade school and your mother being to preoccupied with errands to actually return you to school afterward. So she either drops you off at home to save herself a twenty minute drive back to that horrid center of brainwashing known as Catholic school or you accompany her on various errands until you can stand it no more, proceed to bitch and moan, piss her off, and she finally gives in to pleas to be dropped off at home. And it's weird. Walking around, free, like a convict having just completeld a prison sentence. I'm not used to experiencing afternoons on the outside during the week. The roads are empty. Not isolated empty. Just less frequented empty. There's a stillness that hangs in the air, with no one around to break that balance other than yourself. You almost dare not move. It's like a premature escape. Granted, it's practically equivalent to a weekend afternoon...but still, there's just something about that typically off-limits period of day that makes your day seem like a series of stolen, puerile segments.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

i wanted to ask what camera did you get? (and what were you using previously)? enjoying the shots...

9:36 AM  
Blogger Chishiki Lauren said...

New: Pentax *ist DS (digital slr)

Old, and dead: Pentax Optio S4 (le cheap digital)

Yes, you turned me into a Pentax addict. I hope you're happy.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Wander Lust said...

You didn't let me down :)

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home