Monday, June 06, 2005

Depreciation

There are currently more pills in my system than the FDA allows. But I still have a headache. Maybe one more would do the trick?

Yesterday a student asked me how much my house cost. I'm never fond of answering financial questions...espcially ones like, "are you rich?" and "how much money is in your wallet?" because there are no safe answers to questions like these. I usually laugh them off, but this time, I answered with a simple, "Not as much as my college education, little buddy. And that's wrong. At least the house has appreciated to almost double it's initial value, whereas the college degree continues to shrink to minimal worth. Something's wrong with this picture."

He didn't understand.

I think I like it better that way.

1 Comments:

Blogger Debbye said...

When someone asks a question that I don't want to answer I like to give some psuedo-intelligent answer that will make them feel like I answered the question but in reality gave 'em nothing. It's how I keep my icy edge.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home