Thursday, May 19, 2005

Old gym shirt

I have an addiction that forces me to take pictures of my t-shirt collection...oh, and buy t-shirts. Summer is my least favorite season. When I was little I pulled out my own eyelashes in hopes of finally seeing a wish come true. I was also in the gifted program. Disconnect much? At night I can hear my neighbours taking baths together and not only is it unacceptable behavior past the age of four, it makes me cringe. I want to spend next Christmas with orphans in Vietnam. I am, quite possibly, the worst ping pong player I've ever met. Which in fact doesn't really make me a player at all, but a failure. Senior year my best friend poured a glass of water down my dress at the prom. My mother once complimented my eyes, and in doing so, validated all those that came before and were tossed out as blatant lies or idle flattery.



I received a thank you card from Locks of Love last week...only three years after donating my hair. That's some kind of record!! My parents will believe anything I tell them, not because I'm a great liar (I'm not) but rather, because they are completely naive when it comes to all things pertaining to me. I keep my pointe shoes in a box in my closet at home, awaiting my return, when they will be dusted off and put back for another four years of disuse. My father thought I'd make a great pitcher, for the world was devoid of left-handed pitchers back in the eighties.
I despie the fact that I can't wear jeans to work. The majority of my friends from home all have jobs that somehow sound more professional than mine, but at the same time, sound terribly boring. I don't ever want to surrender my personality to some job on the basis of necessity.

2 Comments:

Blogger chad said...

always a fan of the personal rant, thank you, it almost makes my day of being belittled by a man who doesn't know how to do his job, nor what said job entails, and worth not IMing you for the sake of the glimpse of what can only be described as factual fiction.

how's that for a grammitically incorrect run-on?

3:34 AM  
Blogger Byagi said...

Ping Pong failure. Sounds like the name of an album.


It seems like what you do is better than most of the jobs others have. Maybe just in a different way from what most people feel is important.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home