Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Wednesday night

Usually Wednesday night implies Retro Rewind at Vogue, but in Japan, or at least, Lauren's warped version of Japan, Wednesday night implies...

An impromptu party with my Tanushimaru elementary first and second graders after school. They gave me presents, amounting somewhere in the range of four thousand paper cranes, and a few Christmas cards and drawings.

Clearly I need to review the concept of Christmas and Halloween as separate entities. Santa does not particularly fare well in prison stripes.

This however, is sheer genius:


Fucking insane! They can fold tiny slabs of paper into the most ornate objects, they could probably fold you a new kitchen sink, complete with running water and pvc pipes, but they can't say "I'm fine, thank you. And you?"

And then the night just goes from entertaining to fuck all impressive. I decided to listen to some Bossa Nova, don't ask, and...cut my hair. The remnants:

Don't worry...I cleaned it up. And now I'll have no one to blame but myself when the town continues to reek of burnt hair on Friday mornings.
And the end result:


It may not be even, it may not resemble a natural hair color, and it may be clogging the drain for the rest of my lifetime...but I'm pretty damn impressed with my nonexistent cosmotology skills. And hey, it's in color!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Not a bad haircut at all, and very pretty. I, on the other hand, can't even shave the back of my head correctly without occasionally making the shower look like the murder scene from Psycho.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Byagi said...

I have to say that I love that card - great little drawings and pretty inventive to incorporate halloween and christmas, even if accidental.

Nice hair too!

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home