Sunday, November 28, 2004

"I found a fatal flaw, in the logic of love, and go out of my head"

Um, so sumo was fun. Or, the first twenty minutes at least. The following five hours might have been a bit overkill...but it's a fine line really. Afterwards Dre, Lindsey, Ian, Howard and Hugh crashed at my place. We broke out every blanket in the house, the kerosene heaters, sleeping bags. It's fucking insane how cold it is indoors. Central heating is a must, I feel. My appendages agree.

This week I don't teach classes because of midterm tests. Sometimes I feel like such a fucking waste. I could be doing so much more with my time, for my money...but it does allow me the opportunity to bore you all to tears with mundane facts of my increasingly intolerable lifestyle...so maybe I shouldn't complain.

You know that scene in Peter Pan where they all have to think happy thoughts in order to take off flying to Neverland? I've found my happy thoughts, took twenty-two rather harsh years, but I found them. Eighteen days until Thailand!!!!!!!!!!! And a certain someone who shall remain nameless, who has made the struggle well worth it, and who makes rather entertaining drunk dials! Oh, and only eight months left...that probably sounds terrible. I do enjoy Japan, but I've come to realize that four months is my limit anywhere. I've met my match this year...I'm only one-third done. Holy hell Batman.

As often as I utilize the word 'fuck' you'd think spell check would come to recognize it. Webster should add it. I'll write him momentarily.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Let's just hope this certain someone of yours doesn't have a cardiac when he realises the cost of a drunken rambling international phonecall ...

10:59 AM  
Blogger Wander Lust said...

I guess that just depends on how much was said, and how long it took him to say it.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Wander Lust said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home