Monday, December 27, 2004

Look at me...

...updating from Bangkok! I don't really have time to say more than this:

I'm okay...having a great time. A polluted time. I'm sick of being hungover. I'm sick of Bangkok. I walked a tiger...sans leash. A monk shook my hand, which I think forces him into eternal Buddhist damnation, though I'm not sure. Tidal waves just missed me, though I know a few people that are/were in Phuket. Bit worried about them. Orphans are tres cute, and disparaging. Elephants rock! Thailand is super king kong mega mega cheap...you should come...a lot. I think Dre is going to grow to hate me. I'm tired. I need a vacation from my vacation.

Es todo, pienso. I'm off for Koh Samui and Koh Pang Yang on Tuesday, so continue to send me love. Or, be cheap, and just comment. I like that the conversation continues despite my absence.

P.S. My dad finally realized I'm in Thailand instead of Taiwan...in case you still wondered.

Take care.

5 Comments:

Blogger Byagi said...

Glad you're okay and missed the tidal waves. Sounds like a great (even if tiring) vacation. Happy Holiday(s)

10:47 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

For years, no matter how often I told him otherwise, my dad was convinced that I was living in London:

"How's London?".
 The airport was fine.
"We'll have to come out to London sometime".
 That's great, send me a postcard.
"So, you like London?".
  Last time I was there, it seemed okay ...

Anyhow, kiddo, sorry I missed you earlier today. Hope everything's still going well. Remember to stay away from any dodgy looking chickens ...

4:04 PM  
Blogger Wander Lust said...

At least you were hungover, and nothing more. I know you've read how much we've been worried about you, at least those of us who actually knew where you were.

I've always dreamed of being around a tiger, or any deadly animal, for that matter. Minus the Black bear I met in California.

I hope you find out about your friends in Phuket.

And I am glad I can still count on you for your unweilding wit.

12:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're okay!!!!

I had a friend who was living in Madrid when the bombs went off in the subway last spring. It's scary when you know people off in dangerous places that shouldn't be dangerous ...

Happy New Year!
~ Emiliah

4:46 PM  
Blogger ~e.mo~ said...

Which did you enjoy better: the monk or the tiger?

I'd have to say it sounds like your whirlwind continues...don't burn yourself out babe (maybe too late?) But yeah, things could definitely be worse...just look south.

Missed ya on New Years...your basement just wasn't the same without you there =P

BTW: Hoagie's 'sans' count is up to 5!

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home