Friday, October 15, 2004

I'm fucked up, I'm just fine. Searching for a peace of mind.

I look like my father. I never want to fit a stereotype. I wish I could organize my thoughts into a comprehensive stream. I once shoplifted on accident. I hold grudges, but hide them. I saw detailed pictures of massacred Kosovars freshman year and cried for three hours. I never know how to pronounce my own name. I’m left-handed and that makes me happy. I prefer being cold. I have to listen to “Wish You Were Here” at least once a day or I feel incomplete. My eyes change color. I once figured out my weight on each of the planets. I have dreams people murder me violently. I prefer to be cremated. I used to entertain notions of becoming an architect. I like unique traditions. I fear diamonds. I have a hygiene fetish. Celebrities annoy me. I think I’d like to own a bookstore. I’ve dyed my hair sixteen times and remember each vividly. I like feeling the tide rising. Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong era. I say “rock on” too much. I left half a leg of jeans in the Paris Orly airport. I’ve started to chew my food thirty-two times. I like to call people I don’t know Jack. I have long eyelashes. I love to wear the color brown. I say I have no regrets…but I have one. I’m good at keeping secrets. I’m uncomfortable in most social situations. I bruise easily. TV makes me nauseous. Things I don’t understand fascinate me. I am often a walking contradiction. I wish I knew what I wanted. I want to live in the US Capitol Building. I played Mary in my kindergarten Christmas pageant. I have a love/hate relationship with roller coasters. When I was eight teachers called me gifted and it gave me a complex. I can watch Kenneth Branagh’s version of Hamlet repeatedly in one night. Sometimes I wish I were a Goonie…Goonies never say die.

I'm off for the weekend, so leave me something to come back to...poems, rants, anecdotes, prayers, jokes, dreams, Liz stories, love letters, questions, fiction, biographies, random facts about the number of allowable Scrabble words, topographical details of your own personal island and it's nautical position, directions to the world's largest pumpkin, Halloween costume ideas, book reviews...capiche. Ciao.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wander Lust said...

You want it? You got it! The world record pumpkin this year is up in Canada. Al Eaton grew it. I couldn't find directions to it, but his number is 613 838-3650, and his email is eatrich@magma.ca. I found this all on
http://www.pumpkinfest.org/, so I don't feel too guilty posting it here.
As far as the location of my island... It is somewhere in the far Pacific, near the Equator. The volcano has been dormant since 1639, and it is not predicted to become active any time soon. The only real problem my island has is that there is minimal water supply. Water there costs more than champaigne.

6:39 PM  
Blogger marlenaw said...

hola chica-
I hope you made it to dre's ok!! Foreign transportation is scary and US too in NY and Baltimore at least.
Tell Dre she is a hooker for sending me a postcard first but nonetheless I am the bitchho for not sending you guys anything yet but it is not your alls birthdays or Christmas yet so just hold onto your pants!!
Halloween ideas-get a group of seven including yourself and be the seven dwarfs mistresses from Snow White and think of slutty names and put them on shirts and wear little elf hats-this was taken from a sorority sister and myself that we did for our initiation party a long time ago:)
PS I took my senior test so now I can graduate so screw the rest of the semester-I am off to booze with some other health science people now after our brains ceased to work about noon today after the test-so alcohol will help that even more!!! Miss ya

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you do have long eyelashes. if all else fails, you could paint like cindy sherman...but use more than black paint.

p.s. anytime you want to watch Hamlet, we're waiting for ya.

-Justin

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lauren,

That photo on my site is pretty awful, thanks for noting, but I got bored with the last one so I changed! I think it's a bit cheesy. To answer, I usually play my own stuff but this weekend I think I'm going to throw in a few covers too! You should come down if you're not busy. We’ll be at Happy Cock’s, you’re favorite. Ha Ha. Llamare con los detalles.

Cheers.
James
(nice blog btw. thanks for the link)

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home