Monday, August 16, 2004

If you give a mouse a cookie....all hell will break loose

Meeting new people is not my forte, harder for me than most individuals. But, do you realize how much pressure is taken off by knowing that the other person is attached?...if they're of the opposite sex that is, because then you don't have to worry about blurring the fine line between friendship and something more significant. You automatically know that you can be yourself and not worry about this person taking any action, or inaction, the wrong way.

The lowest blow possible in the whole "making new friends ritual", which is bullshit might I add, is lying about your relationship status. There are 4 guys that live relatively close to me and when first introduced all presented themselves as attached. But now, miraculously, 2 of the girlfriends have disappeared like some bad Houdini act. How do you just create a significant other in order to scope out the potential without them acting reciprocally? That's just low. You either have a girlfriend or you don't....none of this "kinda" bullshit. Just because you broke up with your blow-up, flammable girlfriend doesn't mean I'm going to jump on the chance to score with you.....but I can't say no...what the hell is wrong with me? Yours truly is up Dawson's Creek without a paddle. Why? What did I do to deserve this? This is why I don't make friends. I thought I was escaping that whole fucked up dating scene for at least a year....I can't have a date. I don't want a date....I freak out, like I'm doing right now. I can't date, this is torture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home