Thursday, August 05, 2004

Domo arrigato, Mr. Rob

Special thanks to Rob (Scheid, not Paisley) for my very first phone call from the states. Good to hear fluent English for once this week. For the rest of you, take a hint, pick up the phone and dial, and if you don't know how, consult Rob.


In other news I conducted my first English conversation class last night and things got pretty ugly. These people have no shame in asking incredibly personal questions--let me reiterate, incredibly personal. About my sex life, my preference between tampons and pads, why I'm single. Eidently they've never been introduced to the line. I might just have to show them a thing or two about personal space and privacy. All in all, despite the embarrassment, it went well. There are a few fairly fluent speakers in the group, one who even speaks a little Spanish, and one I'm sure was tokin' the reefer. He was out of it the entire hour, interesting enough for my first night. When I got back to my house I found a pair of those rubber overall thingies that have the boots attached, used mainly for fly fishing and stuff....you know what I'm talking about? They were hanging in my car port and I instantly thought someone was playing a horrid trick on me, a la I Know What You Did Last Summer and it creeped me out all night. But they were gone by 5 this morning when I left to run. Thank god.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home