Monday, May 21, 2007

12 miles from greatness

I don't want to be doing what I'm doing. I don't want to waste my days making plans. I don't want to be more absorbed with the future than the present. I don't want to be living the life I'm living or working the job I'm working. I don't want to be obsessed with a budget and I don't ever want to set foot in another grocery. I don't want to be the bubble girl. I don't want to keep making excuses. I don't want to be sick anymore, I don't want to limit my coffee intake, I don't want to pay for dentist visits and unnecessary blood work. I don't want to be twelve miles from the city I love. Twelve miles from greatness.

I've always been twelve miles from greatness.

3 Comments:

Blogger ~e.mo~ said...

National Geographic's pick for "Next Great City"

10:54 AM  
Blogger Nikolaj said...

Maybe i don't get you?! - I don't know...

But my comment is: Happiness is...

- I really like this one.

From: http://www.flickr.com/photos/Nikolajnewyork

2:12 PM  
Blogger MookFish said...

i really enjoy your writing.. just out of crazy curiosity, when is your birthday? I found you because you have professional drifter as your occupation too and I got really intrigued by your writing.

my email is
mookfish@hotmail.com

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home