Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I drink V8 from the carton. A corner of my living room is draped in aluminum foil...still. I've been listening to Arabic Pop...and it needs to stop. I vacuum at least three times a week but I rarely take the time to make my bed. I have class in an abandoned tobacco warehouse. I'm always thinking about my next photograph. My dog has a jacket that makes her look like Marilyn Monroe on her wedding day. I have too many bad days. I want out of the US...again. I'm afraid to donate blood. I get weak just typing that. I burn far too much incense for one person. I still think having a prairie dog as a pet is pretty fucked up. I miss giving tours of the Capitol Building and riding the Senate metro. I have no plans for tomorrow. None! I'm awaiting my wealthy benefactor. I get discouraged when the art students wear normal clothes. No one takes chances anymore. I want to take a chance. I wore a diamond tiara to the horse races...but that doesn't really count. I scribble notes relentlessly, especially in the margins of poli-sci textbooks, mostly bitter and polysyllabic. I'm still unemployed, and it's pissing me off. I think I'm qualified to take mugshots at the county jail...somebody's got to do it, and I'm willing.

6 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

I'm banned indefinitely from giving blood in the US. Seems I might be carrying the Mad Cow disease. You know, from all that beef I eat.

The ban might be a good thing, though. It's a better excuse than the fact that I passed out watching my ex give blood. Yeah, that wasn't embarrassing at all ...

1:51 AM  
Blogger Debbye said...

I know what you mean, I ate meat and got a tattoo when I was in London. I might as well have acid running through my veins.

2:44 AM  
Blogger chad said...

I took stuff for yellow fever, typhoid, and maleria for my trip to africa... they don´t want my blood either.

and i am sick enough to enjoy giving it.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I'm "sick" enough to enjoy giving it too.

lucky me, they love my blood. O+, baby, the universal donor. Or something like that. Going to Costa Rica only knocked me off their list for about a year. Now if I miss going again after my 60 days, they'll call. Never fail.

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woman, you should totally come to DC. Intern again or something. My office paid, though meagerly. The tours were always weird for me, especially as I knew someone on the tour 50% of the time. Grade school boyfriend you haven't seen in seven years, hello! I am desperately in need of someone in close proximity who doesn't think photography is lame or a waste of time and money. I think about photographs all the time, too.

That said, you seem to be doing just fine with the photography in KY.

i don't give blood. it grosses me out.

(i found this via brians link on your photo, so you know, blame him.)

4:16 AM  
Blogger robb said...

Your last comment about taking mug shots at the county jail reminded me of Holly Hunter's role in "Raising Arizona". "Stand to the right....stand to the left..."

If you want to get out of the States (which strikes me as an excellent idea), I would recommend that you try to get a job working in an international school. Good pay, free apartment, other benefits...everything except a decent health care package! Doh!

A good place to check out might be www. tieonline.com - they advertise jobs on a pretty regular basis.

The destruction of your car wasn't just a random act - it was a sign from upstairs to get off your butt and get out of 'Dodge'..!

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home