Saturday, August 27, 2005

In the moment

My brother is running around the house screaming, "I wanna be a dance commander." I think I'll stay out of his way....at least he's got ambitions.

The dog just bit through a battery. We shall see the side effects/death soon enough. Masochistic canine.

My father has hired me to organize our basement. All that crap they've been hoarding for years, refusing to toss, is now my responsibility. I donated three bags full of romance novels and "literature" entitled, 'Daily Inspirational Quotes for the Purpose Driven' and 'How to Write a Love Letter.'

Apparently they're letting all types of ass monkeys publish these days. Yeah, well I've got a novella...wanna publish that? It's like fodder for amoeba, lowest level of the literature food chain, but you let that other guy slip through the cracks, so maybe there's hope for me yet.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wander Lust said...

It must be nice to feel uncensored. My dad reads my blog occasionally, and will comment on things I write. I learned quickly to closely consider my topics.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

My mom reads my blog, and there was the temptation at first to self-censor, but that quickly wore off for me. I don't think anyone in my family really knows me anyway, so it's not as though I'm ruining their image of me.

Have you really written a novella, Lauren? About as much chance, I imagine, of us reading that as we do "US Military Interventions in Axis of Evil Countries". I'm still waiting on that one ...

8:12 PM  
Blogger Wander Lust said...

I suppose the only reason I self censor my writings is that my parents pay my rent. Seeing as live with them (and occasionally drink their beer), I still feel I am under their tent.
This is the first I've heard of your novella. I always knew you wanted to write a book of some sort, but never really knew you were actually working on one.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Scott, at least they occasionally let you drink their beer. Or your own beer even. When I lived with my dad, a few bottles and they were ready to exorcise the demon of alcoholism from me.

And Lauren, as much as you may not want to think about it, maybe your mom writes love letters to your dad.

My dad just read me some love letter his wife wrote to him. It was painful. I think she could use a manual on writing love letters herself. I may be a bit biased, but the phrase "a marriage founded on Christian principles" expresses the most singularly unromantic sentiment I could imagine. Oh well, it makes him happy ...

7:24 AM  
Blogger Byagi said...

I felt the same as Brian when I knew my parents were reading my blog, but I'd like to think they want me to be honest and write what I think. They also live far away, so I have less to worry about.

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home