Friday, March 04, 2005

You tell me

Just got back from teaching an elementary class. An hour late, granted, but I figure I get paid enough to put in one hour of pro bono mingling with some sixth graders. It was a classroom full of boys, save two girls. Loud, obnoxious, mimicking boys. When they don't understand a word I say, I bust out the sarcasm and they tend to understand that. And then I just make stupid faces (not hard.) For this particular class I taught them to say 'sweet'...now tell me that doesn't rock. And then I was felt up four separate times. That wasn't on the lesson plan. Not sure if that's a positive indication of my teaching style. I don't really have a basis for judging my classes. Maybe this will be it...number of times groped by teenage boys. Easy way to determine the efficacy of my classes....but for the positive or negative? You tell me.

And fyi, here's what happens when you drink cheap Japanese wine...alone...on a weekday...in your pajamas...and then photograph it, largely because the number of season three Family Guy episodes you haven't memorized numbers ZERO, but more importantly, because you're obsessed with drunken photoshopping. You lose all sense of non-kitsch...and serious height on the social respectability scale. Because I care kids, because I care.










3 Comments:

Blogger chad said...

I told you this would happen... the drinking, not the groping...

I would say that before using the grope factor as a measuring device, one must have a goal or desired outcome. If your goal is to teach slang and entertain them - then yes, a very good measure.

I appologize for not being around to give you episode 2 last night, I'll send you the link.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Byagi said...

Yeah, I guess the groping works if you've got a plan. The pictures are great, by the way.

11:36 AM  
Blogger cedia said...

Nice pics!

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home