Sunday, March 06, 2005

At least it's not chronic schizophrenia

I used to wear the ‘Laurel Canyon’ vintage AC/DC t-shirt to pointe lessons. My wardrobe varies from ancient soccer jerseys and shredded jeans to leather skirts and heels. I dedicated ten years of my life to piano. I bought my first electric guitar four years ago. I say 'rock on' as often as I say 'fuck.' I can recite the Presidents in chronological order, in addition to the extended version of Rapper’s Delight. I have play lists dedicated to punk, techno, classical, jazz and classic rock. I steal my father’s Queen and Cat Stevens records. I read Dante and Boccaccio in between Jon Stewart and Miguel de Unamuno. I live for coffee, tomatoes and pad thai. I wear a lot of black, but my room is painted in varying shades of lime green. My favorite movies include Fight Club, Breakfast at Tiffany’s and Todo Sobre mi Madre. I rave about Ken Kesey when drunk, that is, unless I’m dancing on the dryer. I’ve seen more countries than states. I don’t watch tv unless it’s Family Guy or the Daily Show. I can handle whiskey, but can’t go near Captain Morgan. I study philosophy in my free time. As much as I love Rembrandt’s painting of Lucretia, I still find Lichtestein and Warhol to be artistically ingenious.

It’s official. I have personality schizophrenia.


And finally, here's a lovely drawing of yours truly by one of my second grade students. Ironically, it resembles me to a t, although, I think my eyes might just be a little bigger. Close enough....I mean, she got the blue swirlies (whatever the hell those are) right.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

cute picture

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home