Wednesday, March 30, 2005

48 hours w/o internet access...

...makes Lauren a VERY pissed off, irritable, pseudo-maniacal, waste of primordial juice.

Day 2:

8:32 - Dre calls to remind me I owe China a bribe of 100USD. How do I always manage to find myself in compromising positions with communist regimes?

9:01 - Half an hour gone. That pair of scissors looks sharp enough to...

9:20 - The science teacher is shaving at his desk. I find that irritating. Wait a minute. I find EVERYTHING irritating. And YES, I'm YELLING!!!

9:43 - Looking for an explanation as to why I deserve this punishment. "You want an explanation? GOD. IS. PISSED!" Anything can be answered with a Family Guy quote.

10:22 - There are eight paper shredders in this office. Eight! I counted. Who needs eight paper shredders, other than the US Government? At present, they're all being used. Hey-let's set fire to the Amazon while we're at it.

10:27 - Hand creeping towards the rusty scissors....just about there...

11:03 - MacGuyver would know how to escape this situation.

11:32 - Self-hypnosis is possible with extreme overplay of Radiohead. Try it.

11:34 - KILL ME!

KILL ME!!

KILL ME!!!!!

11:42 - Reading the JET Handbook. Starting to think it would have been more beneficial to read in the beginning, rather than the end.

11:46 - "Each neighborhood has a designated area where citizens can gather when a natural disaster causes fire or disrupts the gas, power and water supply."*


*Unless you're a failed American and then you shall be subjected to a week without gas and two without hot water. Rite of initiation. You understand.

P.S. I do not count as a natural disaster...despite the number of fires I may start.

12:37 - ::putting glasses on::

::taking glasses off::

::putting glasses on::

No, no difference.

12:41 - How dues dust accumulate beneath the bed?

1:02 - The hottest ring of Hell would be more entertaining than this.

1:47 - New Record! 17 consecutive games of Spider Solitaire.

2:00 - I need coffee!

2:01 - Revision: I need vodka!

2:15 - Two hours left. Six episodes of Family Guy? Another nap? Stab myself repeatedly in the jugular so as to diminish the internet cravings and rising insanity?

2:16 - D. All of the above.

2:18 - There's a vegetarian restaurant in Bangkok called "Cabbages and Condoms."

2:23 It's back! It's back! And now you can suffer my unbearable experience. Abridged, that is.

3 Comments:

Blogger chad said...

I'm sorry, I don't know why it would be my fault - but I feel bad not giving you more family guy or... audio books - I'll work on that... or new scissors... or james joyce, but it looks like you have been reading him, "How dues dust accumulate beneath the bed?" - very joycian.

if I only knew what it was like to be in a country where I don't speak the language and it is hard to use the internet...

6:15 AM  
Blogger decopuss said...

you poor lamb! I dread to think what shenanigans took place on day one.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Internet's such an addiction!! Your blog is great by the way - sorry for the weird randomer post... Keep writing and I'll keep reading (in the non-creepiest way there is)

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home