Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Eyes, pleading for solace

The teacher sitting directly across from me just punched a student in the chest. I have a front row seat. Two students obviously did or said something inappropriate, and now they are avoiding looking at the teacher by looking straight ahead, at me. This is awkward, ah, they keep looking, their litlle eyes are invading me. I want to pull them away. I want to run away. This can't be happening.

He just hit the other one after the student interrupted him. The kid is trying not to cry, I can tell.

This tortures me...sitting here, constrained by society, salary, a contract, language barriers. I can't help, I can't reassure, I can't fight back for those who can't defend themselves.

He's yelling, seriously yelling. It's getting louder. I want out of here. Fuck my dilemma about recontracting. I can't stay here knowing this is accepted. This is wrong. This is a moral decision. Come July I'm outta here. Another year would only hurt more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

I'm sorry, Lauren, I can't even imagine what that must be like.

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home