Monday, September 12, 2005

The best people to talk to in this town are the employees at Speedway...no joke. We had a concise, interesting conversation about Tibetan prayer wheels over the course of a checkout. I even managed to laugh.

'Impressive' isn't the right word, but it's the first word that comes to mind.

The worst people to talk to in this town are the employees at AAA. If I could spit on them I would. If the Japanese could spit on them...well, they wouldn't. But if they knew what was good for them...they would. Spent twenty minutes convincing some lady my 440,000 yen were authentic, which she vehemently denied. Brief desire to smack her. Urge controlled. She called the central office to inquire about the exchange of yen. Claimed that 10,000 bills were not acceptable as they didn't register with the AAA website. She wasn't having any of what I was saying. She said they didn't make 10,000 Chinese yen bills. I said, "Well of course not...they don't make any Chinese yen...they use YUAN you -expletive optional- moron." (Not all may have been loud enough to hear...but I think she got my point.) I absolutely hate when people try to make me feel like the incompetent idiot...because honestly, embarrassment is only embarrassing if you deem it so, and I didn't...besides, I knew I was right. Oh how I love to prove smug, uptight employed women wrong.


The bills were clearly labeled in larger-than-necessary-for-the-poor-of-sight print and in English with 'Japanese Yen.' Who hires these people?

Better question...why am I still unemployed?

3 Comments:

Blogger Debbye said...

On the other hand, I worked for a customer service call center (just fired today) and our motto towards our customers was idiot until proven otherwise. Come to think of it that may be a reason I was sacked.

12:13 AM  
Blogger Byagi said...

People who handle customer service deal with so many people who really suck that they forget how to deal with everyone else.

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i disagree with "b"... most people really are morons. whether they're in customer service or are a customer. period.

signed: a lauren-blog-stalker-since-spring-2005

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home