Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Allow me to explain


students bidding me "See you..."

Look at those little faces...that's quality. I know it when I see it, when I feel it. I've been lucky, or blessed, enough to experience the kind of quality some people only dream about. Knowing how great it is, how could I possibly allow myself anything less? I want more quality, quantity of quality...Eian, does that make any sense?...to you, it just might.

I don't mean to say that I plan on country hopping with the frequency of a cheap ham radio. I plan to take my time and fully experience and enjoy all that life has to offer. But I don't think, at this point at least, I'd be happy settling down. I haven't found that place where I feel I belong...I belong in moments. But I'm not chasing down the moments, I'm creating my own.

I want to challenge myself to do something I never dreamed possible, to discover my own potential. This isn't about anyone else but me. I do love shock value, but that's not my intent, just an added bonus. My parents keep telling me to slow down, claiming I've got the rest of my life to do it all. I'm not so naive as to believe that I'll live forever, in fact, I don't want to live forever. I accept the limits of my existence, so I'm going to take every opportunity, within reason, that presents itself to me in the present, for who knows when the future will not be an option.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

That makes a lot more sense, and I can definitely understand what you mean when you say, 'I haven't found that place where I feel I belong'. I don't know what I'm going to do next year myself. I have little interest in going back to America, and even less interest in returning to Los Angeles. I can't imagine going back to the consumerism, the decadence, the manic rush. I don't imagine I'll last more than a year there, but I haven't yet had the time to work out the alternatives. Well, it's always an adventure ...

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home