Friday, January 21, 2005

Moi

The first cd I ever purchased was Green Day’s ‘Dookie.’ I have sloppy handwriting. Sometimes I dream in Spanish. Every Christmas I watch White Christmas with my mom, just because I know she likes it. Cocoa Puffs is my cereal of choice. I’ve never watched The Wizard of Oz with Dark Side of the Moon. I don’t sing in public, even at church. When my brother was born my parents thought I’d try to kill him, though I can’t remember if I ever did or not and I haven’t asked. I’m afraid people think I’m melodramatic. I usually close my eyes in haunted houses. Most nights I read myself to sleep. Once my brother’s friend asked me out. I fired a co-worker for sexual harassment. Before increased security measures I used to go to the airport by my house just to watch the people and wonder what exotic cultures they’d returned from. Despite popular belief my middle name is not derived from Rex Chapman, as great a player as he may have been. I started Moby Dick in the third grade…I have yet to finish. I like ice in my orange juice. I order Bloody Marys because they remind me of my grandmother. I volunteered at a local hospital for four years until my best friend was accidentally pricked by a used needle…my mother got me out of there real quick after that. I still have scars from the chicken pox when I was seven. I still get lost driving around downtown at home. I like retro kitchens. I spent a summer living with relatives in Germany and took trips on the weekend with the army base - it was the most intimidating travel of my life. I love to buy colored pencils even though I have no use for them. My second boyfriend was arrested for drug trafficking, it was then that I broke it off. My dad and I play ‘name that tune’ to classic rock channels on the radio…occasionally he lets me win. I have no grandparents. I want my own darkroom. I haven’t a clue when it comes to math. I was born on a Monday around 7:30 am. I’ve worked at every city pool in my hometown. When forced to make speeches I occasionally black out. I'm afraid my personality is too sarcastic.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"If the essence of your being has caused a smile to have appeared upon my face or a touch of joy within my heart. Then in living - you have made your mark."~Thomas L. Odem, Jr~

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"If the essence of your being has caused a smile to have appeared upon my face or a touch of joy within my heart. Then in living - you have made your mark."~Thomas L. Odem, Jr~

3:03 PM  
Blogger Byagi said...

I like when you do this. For some reason, it kind of makes me hopeful. Something about knowing other people are real, I guess.

4:54 PM  
Blogger chad said...

Support.

1:37 AM  
Blogger chad said...

I always try and follow through with a dare, and I give them out only when I want them to happen (I have given two out in the past month, one followed through, one did not). Thus, when I read the following, I had to do it, it may not be an “all time low”, but an effort nonetheless.


I’ve wanted to be Peter Pan for as long as I can remember. I never liked the Peter Pan Brand Peanut butter… I don’t know why – maybe because it was too expensive to buy and I was jealous of other kids that could have it. I only ran away twice – once I was just hiding in a crawl space (I think I did something wrong – but I was there for a few hours) and the other time was before I knew how to write well – I found a picture of myself and wrote, “peter” and an arrow to tell that I had left. My family has the most caring people I know. I very rarely do things (consciously) for the sole reason of impressing someone – but when I DO – wow. I’ve always wanted to do “too much” – I took too many classes in high school and college, I did too many extracurricular activities (they conflicted), and now when it is all up to me I don’t know what to do. I like a 70-30 ratio for being around others (70% with others) – it makes me a healthier human. The last two weeks have been 40-60. Next week should be back to 70-30. I have hated one person for the sole reason that he was too much like me. I am a terrible speller – if my spelling is correct it means I am using the spell-as-you-go-checker. I am an ENTP in the myers-briggs test thingy – I think that was pretty close to what I thought/think I am – but I forgot what it means. I really, really miss seeing water in the city – I live on an island and never see the water. I don’t think people should look to celebrities for advice, but I think all celebrities should have a cause they care about, give money to, and tell others about… why not? Britney Spears is trash. Sexy trash. No matter how much “fun” there is in monopoly, it is only fun if everyone really wants to win. I can’t stand bad grammar – the spoken kind – I write and like to read like it sounds inside my head. I can just about draw all 50 states, sometimes I miss one and the southwest never looks right. I miss Saturday morning cartoons in front of the TV with my honeynut cheerios on the tv tray in a room that smelled like warm butter. I have a really good ear but not very good pitch – I can only critic singing – and as beckett taught us > being a critic is the lowest insult one can sling. I have only broken one bone… twice… in my right pointer finger – the only thing I would ever change in my body with surgery. It is really hard for me to ask for help. I love taking the ice out of the tray but I hate refilling them. I put m&ms under my tongue to melt them – sometimes for minutes. I don’t like amplification, I prefer small café concerts to large ones, I hate that broadway theaters all need to be miked, I would rather listen to someone use their voice than a mic… what did they used to do 100 years ago? We wonder why we are so fat. I’m trying to think of something I’ve never told anyone… … I’ll get back to you on that one.

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home